POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A lovely column : A lovely column Server Time
13 May 2024 17:47:38 EDT (-0400)
  A lovely column
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 1 Mar 2016 18:30:00
Message: <web.56d625c08c05fbb8fd6b6fe10@news.povray.org>
I finally got this to look the way I wanted it.  I had to build it as a point
cloud, save the data as a .ply, create the mesh in meshlab (which crashes at the
drop of a hat) and then tweak it in blender before converting it with
ply2mesh2...

I like the texture, but I'm not sure it fits with the application I have planned
for it.  I would like to use radiant lighting and sslt, but my experiments so
far seem to indicate that this is madness.

Has anyone else had success combining the two?

Regards,
A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: