POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Repeating texture sprite : Re: Repeating texture sprite Server Time
16 May 2024 09:33:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Repeating texture sprite
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 Mar 2016 10:05:01
Message: <web.56d5af013999a405e7df57c0@news.povray.org>

> I played around with this a bit. It seems it creates images that can be
> imported and used in subsequent scenes as repeating textures, but not
> repeating flat textures that can be used within the *same* scene. Unless
> I'm missing something.
>

> Mike

I guess I'm not quite following what exactly it is that you're trying to
accomplish.
Could you expand upon what "... but not repeating flat textures that can be used
within the *same* scene" means?

I sliced up that little island/water jpg and played around with the tiles, but
it's not clear to me how you're intending to arrange them.  There are only 8
tiles, whereas I _did_ understand the logic behind the 9-tile system that
Anthony posted.  I couldn't get those tiles to do much, and after using 6, I
only had a choppy cubist reef and 2 extra tiles that seemed unusable or
redundant.

Maybe throw together a diagram or two to illustrate the goal - even if it's on
real quick on paper and photographed with a cellphone.  ;)