POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cave concept : Re: Cave concept Server Time
30 Jun 2024 23:06:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cave concept
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 29 Feb 2016 23:15:01
Message: <web.56d5169da0304854b865121a0@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:

> > Can you do the difference, convert it to a mesh, and THEN render it?
>
>    I would kill for a simple way to do that... converting isosurfaces to
> meshes.

Are you aware of Kevin Loney's isosurface approximation?

http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/approx.htm

The site links to the long dead Geocities for the source, but there appears to
be a new site, which I haven't investigated:

http://www.winsite.com/Multimedia/3D-Modeling-CAD/Isosurface/

A version updated by Jaap Frank and Tor Olav Kristensen is available at p.b.s-f:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3C47cc76fd%40news.povray.org%3E/

I have had mixed results with it.