POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lighting settings help : Re: Lighting settings help Server Time
14 May 2024 02:36:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighting settings help
From: And
Date: 29 Feb 2016 01:10:00
Message: <web.56d3e00c962cec1e2ce3a0c30@news.povray.org>
> What lighting settings would you recommend to achieve the same lighting
> as the large blocks in the attached big_terrain.png image? I think the
> white block near the top left should be used as a guide. I have made
> some efforts, as can be seen in wall_extra_a.png, but am not satisfied
> with the results. I also attached an image showing the coordinate axes
> so you can see how things are oriented in space. Thanks.
>

> Mike

POV-Ray's lighting rule is: color of light_source * color of diffuse texture =
output color, when lighting is perpendicular to the surface.

So if you want a light gray output like rgb<0.8,0.8,0.8>, then you can put a
light_source{ color rgb <1,1,1>}
 with texture{pigment{rgb <0.8,0.8,0.8>} finish{ambient 0 diffuse 1}}