POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Sketchup : Re: Sketchup Server Time
1 May 2024 21:52:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sketchup
From: Kenneth
Date: 22 Feb 2016 15:05:01
Message: <web.56cb69131c5fa2f233c457550@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:

> >> 1. https://help.sketchup.com/en/article/3000049 2. no, in regards
> >> to redistribution (from the above article)
> >
> > I read #1 twice now, and still don't understand. Hence, why I asked.
> >  Could you explain that Terms of Use for me? Thanks.
> >

>    From that page you can get there:
>
>    https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/tos.html#license
>
>    On that license, points 1 and 2 are what you want. In my
> understanding, it means you can do anything except competing with
> Trimble. For example, you can distribute a model as part of your work,
> but not as a standalone model.

After taking a look only at reference #1 (more of a quick glance), the terms of
use *do* seem to be kind of arbitrary, as to what constitutes 'impermissible
aggregation.' (Not being able to use a Sketchup model in a research paper-- that
seems kind of strange, for example.) Just from the various questions/examples
given, it seems that there could be just as many 'can't use' situations arising
as 'can use' ones, with somewhat of a fine line separating the two. I guess(?)
the detailed answers to any given situation are spelled out elsewhere.