POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Colony Ship : Re: The Colony Ship Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:55:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Colony Ship
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 13 Feb 2016 02:05:01
Message: <web.56bed558ce532354ac6323910@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski <jam### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Hmmm, will have to rethink my own position about that then. For my part,
> I always dislike all that quoting. I thought I did a favor to you all
> when I always deleted it. But okay, I can easily keep the quotations, no
> problem. :-)

You weren't doing us any favors.

Deleting parts of quotes that are not relevant to your response is good
netiquette, but eliminating all the quotes in their entirety leaves the reader
with no context.  When you post without quoting, frankly, I have no idea what
you're talking about.  In a newsreader, we are forced to look up and down the
thread to see what you are referring to.  In the Web interface, it is virtually
impossible.