POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A New World + The Starship : Re: A New World + The Starship Server Time
15 May 2024 02:37:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A New World + The Starship
From: Pekka Aho
Date: 9 Feb 2016 05:25:01
Message: <web.56b9bd2c1385aefa7c09997c0@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski <jam### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Surreal Hangar: Nice! I love this design!

Many thanks! :)

> How did you do all these curvy elements?
> I need something similar for a house design.

I'm using TopMod for all organic looking and/or loopy things. A nice little tool
for stuff like this, though crashes easily so requires patience and nerves and
saving between every move, hehe. Other programs/tools in my workflow are Silo 2
Pro (possible mirroring, vertex adjustments), Wings3D (mostly best results in
subdivision in my objects so far) and PoseRay (.obj to .pov). I always strive to
do as much as I can in POV though.