POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Question: Twisting a Heightfield? : Re: Question: Twisting a Heightfield? Server Time
8 May 2024 19:12:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question: Twisting a Heightfield?
From: Kenneth
Date: 8 Feb 2016 12:35:00
Message: <web.56b8d1812a0e639833c457550@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> I suspect that you initially tried to copy and paste *just* the HF_Cylinder
> macro code itself into your scene (taken 'out' of shapes.inc); that would not
> work, just by itself.

Sorry, I didn't look carefully at your code example before I posted my comments.
As mentioned earlier here, the only thing that's missing from your code is to
#include "shapes.inc" somewhere near the beginning of your scene file.

I've used the HF_Cylinder macro to make interesting 'cave' structures, that look
nicely organic, by combining different functions. It's quite a useful tool.