POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Here be monsters... : Re: Here be monsters... Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:11:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Here be monsters...
From: Simon J  Cambridge
Date: 31 Jan 2016 07:10:01
Message: <web.56adf8d19df521337e3d86410@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski <jam### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Yes, now finally I did it. I visited your website, too! :-D
>
> First of all: big congratulations! Your imagination is great. The
> mystical, secretive inspires you, as it does me, too. And you have a
> good skill in writing. You succeed to guide your readers into another,
> hidden world.
>
> I also like your POV-Ray renders. I checked for washed-out colors, but
> honestly, on all my monitors the images look alright, in that regards.
> There are a few other recommendations I would give to you, but only if
> you want. So let me know.
>
> I think, you achieved a great fusion of ideas, mysticism, text and
> illustrations.
>
> "Baramak" sounds like the name "Barak Obama" was the main ingredient for
> this mystical twist of letters. :-)
>
> Big congratulations,
>
> Sven

Hi Sven,

Thank you. Glad you like my stuff too. And I am happy to take
criticisms/recommendations of all kinds. (And I really hope Barak Obama is not a
Baramak, then we are all in trouble!)

> Am 30.01.2016 um 17:42 schrieb Stephen:
>
> Obviously, that's a different perspective as that of the artist: The
> artist needs to take what's available, and make the best of it to
> achieve the desired result. So what's utterly wrong from the perspective
> of the software developer may still be sufficiently legitimate for the
> artist.

Hi clipka,

Agree wholeheartedly. Having been in the developer hotseat myself I know what a
hard place it can be.

I really like the sound of 'blend_mode' and 'blend_gamma'.

All the best,

Simon.