POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Here be monsters... : Re: Here be monsters... Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:44:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Here be monsters...
From: Kenneth
Date: 29 Jan 2016 20:30:01
Message: <web.56ac112e9df5213333c457550@news.povray.org>
Beautiful work! One of my favorites is your "Forest of Kannim"-- very ethereal,
kind of a (rendered version) of reality + fantasy, combined. A beautiful
concept, very nicely designed and realized. It reminds me of some of the best
Disney pre-production artwork, done by the old 'masters' there.

Welcome to the newsgroups!

> Most of the images I looked at appear kind of pastel or washed out. Are
> you developing on a Mac?

They appear OK to me, on my CRT monitor-- good contrast, saturated colors, etc.
(Every now and then, I re-check my monitor to make sure that it's behaving
correctly-- especially the display gamma. Just a suggestion.) I had trouble last
year, viewing a PNG image in a newsgroup posting, thinking it was too *dark* ;
it turned out that I hadn't re-calibrated my monitor in awhile.