POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Random POV-Ray 4 SDL proposal, #2 : Re: Random POV-Ray 4 SDL proposal, #2 Server Time
4 May 2024 22:07:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random POV-Ray 4 SDL proposal, #2
From: clipka
Date: 21 Jan 2016 07:40:00
Message: <web.56a0d083b3b14984ad6fa18f0@news.povray.org>

> If we have deformable meshes, then maybe we can have character
> animations with bones and rigging.

Yes, I do concede that posable meshes would be cool.

It most likely won't be supported natively, but my hope is to get a language
that is powerful and fast enough to reasonably add such support by means of
include files. (And yes, having deformable meshes implemented natively would
seem to be a prerequisite for that.)