POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh2 and file types : Re: Mesh2 and file types Server Time
21 May 2024 08:39:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh2 and file types
From: Leroy
Date: 20 Jan 2016 13:35:01
Message: <web.569fd238a275ff7f642722ae0@news.povray.org>
> Am 20.01.2016 um 18:28 schrieb Leroy:
> > Every one knows the file types pov, inc, ini. I've have a few 'in house' types I
> > use for POV, prm & pol for prisms & polygon for example. I know the POV team has
> > some they prefer but I can find any reference to them in the help file.
>
> I have no idea what you're talking about; there is no such thing as a
> dedicated file type for POV-Ray prisms and polygons.

I'VE HAVE for my use! I made a windows program to make them.

>It's all plain old
> POV-Ray SDL (POV-Ray Scene Description Language) files, using the ".pov"
> and ".inc" extension depending on whether they're supposed to be the
> main scene file or to be included by that main scene file.
>
> You /can/ of course use your own file /extensions/, but that doesn't
> make them a different file /type/. It'll still be POV-Ray SDL.

 I use the word 'type' to mean 'file /extensions' I don't like to type:)

> (The .ini files are a different matter; they do use an entirely
> different format, but they also contain data of an entirely different kind.)

Let's face it all these files are plain old txt files formated to what you need.

> If it generates entire scenes, use ".pov". If it generates only objects,
> use ".inc". In either case, use POV-Ray SDL format and the "mesh2"
> primitive.

That's what I was looking for. I wanted to know what would be helpful to you!

But I thought POV team encouraged people to use .mac or something like that for
marcos.