POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : No repeating pattern? : Re: No repeating pattern? Server Time
21 May 2024 08:43:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No repeating pattern?
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 19 Jan 2016 02:00:28
Message: <web.569dde3f1d6d59392aaea5cb0@news.povray.org>
> I'm using a gradient pattern for one of my scenes. How do I make it so
> that it doesn't repeat, and instead stays at the last value? Thanks!
>

> Mike

Not quite sure what you're asking here, but if I understand correctly, you might
try:

create two pigment functions, one with your gradient and the other solid with
the value of the last pigment in the gradient, then

create another function that selects between the two based on a numeric value.
I think you should be able to do this with the select() function, but you'll
have to look it up.

Regards,
A.D.B.