POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Override textures and materials? : Re: Override textures and materials? Server Time
21 May 2024 13:13:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Override textures and materials?
From: Kenneth
Date: 16 Jan 2016 04:55:00
Message: <web.569a132a40a8aed333c457550@news.povray.org>
> Is there a way to force an override of preconfigured textures and
> materials of a scene?

I agree, that would be a *really* useful feature in POV-Ray. I've had need of
something like what you've described; but as Thomas says, the only way at
present is to (tediously) edit the scene file, then add a #default texture to
apply to all the objects. Or else pre-plan the entire scene with your final
results in mind from the very beginning (which, I admit, usually isn't
practical, when the effect you're looking to create might simply be an
afterthought or a 'what-if' experiment!)