POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sad mulberry : Re: Sad mulberry Server Time
28 May 2024 19:58:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sad mulberry
From: And
Date: 15 Jan 2016 08:00:01
Message: <web.5698ec919e01a744a178ee760@news.povray.org>
"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> "And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
> > "Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
>
> > > I like it - did you use subsurface lighting for the mulberry?
> > >
> > Yes.
>
> Perhaps its a simple material, but perhaps not...
> I assume you are using global illumination only without a conventional light
> source.
Yes.

Please would you describe the material and the scale of the spheres
> constituting the mulberry?

I often use 1 unit = 1 meter, so set mm_per_unit 1000
the radii of the spheres are about 0.025.

material is composed by two layer textures and an interior:
#declare m_mulberry =
material{
    texture{
        pigment{rgb<0.45, 0.01, 0.02>}
        finish{
        ambient 0 diffuse 1
            subsurface{translucency rgb<1,1,1>*12.0}
        }
    }
    texture{
        pigment{rgbf<0.53, 0.32, 0.21, 1.0>}
        normal{bumps 0.4 scale 0.0008}
        finish{ambient 0 diffuse 1 reflection{0.01,0.91 fresnel}conserve_energy}
    }
    interior{ior 1.16}
}

> > Maybe the fear partly due from my personality. I'm a silent man. And when I
> > think that everyone will die one day, I'm afraid that I will die suddenly. I
> > don't give enough meaning with my diary life. So I scared too little
> > preparation.
> >
> > In my country, many people believe that we will reincarnate after our life. So
> > we may come from another people, another animal, or even a stone, even a grass.
> > I first feel this saying is comfort to me these days.
>

> Hmm, looking at your domain and your post you are probably a student from Taipeh
> and a buddhist. Congratulations to you if you feel this (religious,
> philosophical, spiritual) crisis at young age - my age was 43, when the
> awareness of mortality finally striked me and changed my life.

The e-mail is from my alma mater. I'm thirty one. In fact, I didn't rely any
religion. But it seems those thoughts will play an important role.

> I'd been extremely busy afterwards in "serious" spirituality and I think there
> is a common core to these traditions - liberation is possible by inner
> transformation of consciousness.
> That's extremely hard to reach, but it's the only goal which really counts.
>
> So all the best to you and your way...
>

> Norbert

Truly thank you very much.