POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sad mulberry : Re: Sad mulberry Server Time
1 Jul 2024 00:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sad mulberry
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 14 Jan 2016 12:00:01
Message: <web.5697d32d9e01a74439ac2aa00@news.povray.org>
"And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
> "Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

> > I like it - did you use subsurface lighting for the mulberry?
> >
> Yes.

Perhaps its a simple material, but perhaps not...
I assume you are using global illumination only without a conventional light
source. Please would you describe the material and the scale of the spheres
constituting the mulberry?

> Maybe the fear partly due from my personality. I'm a silent man. And when I
> think that everyone will die one day, I'm afraid that I will die suddenly. I
> don't give enough meaning with my diary life. So I scared too little
> preparation.
>
> In my country, many people believe that we will reincarnate after our life. So
> we may come from another people, another animal, or even a stone, even a grass.
> I first feel this saying is comfort to me these days.

Hmm, looking at your domain and your post you are probably a student from Taipeh
and a buddhist. Congratulations to you if you feel this (religious,
philosophical, spiritual) crisis at young age - my age was 43, when the
awareness of mortality finally striked me and changed my life.

I'd been extremely busy afterwards in "serious" spirituality and I think there
is a common core to these traditions - liberation is possible by inner
transformation of consciousness.
That's extremely hard to reach, but it's the only goal which really counts.

So all the best to you and your way...

Norbert