POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : some metal materials : Re: some metal materials Server Time
30 Apr 2024 22:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: some metal materials
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 13 Jan 2016 18:30:01
Message: <web.5696dd9c45ebf73cfbc5a6a80@news.povray.org>

> NOW that you mentioned it is the first time I even /thought/ about the
> possibility that the rust defects might just be texture effects.

Sometimes normals are great and even seem to simulate shadows, sometimes not...
At several occasions I recognized how a accuracy value as low as 0.001 helped to
enhance realism.

But if the left rust texture looks fine, its mostly due to Tek's pores code.
The image below shows it's great versatility - code was used together with
different color_maps as well as a pigment and via pigment_pattern as a normal.

Norbert

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'teks pores code versatitility.jpg' (610 KB)

Preview of image 'teks pores code versatitility.jpg'
teks pores code versatitility.jpg