POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D images : Re: 3D images Server Time
1 Jul 2024 09:38:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D images
From: clipka
Date: 12 Jan 2016 14:20:00
Message: <web.5695515877c0d9bdad6fa18f0@news.povray.org>

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EDB1S4?keywords=stereoscope&qid=1452568122&ref_=sr_1_90&sr=8-90

> > Are there tutorials on how set up POV-Ray to make such images? I'm not
> > using the look_at keyword in my camera statement. I am using up, right,
> > and direction instead. How can I compensate for this?

By /adding/ a "look_at" statement? ;)

For starters you might get away ok without look_at.

What you really need to do is translate the camera a bit to the left (for the
left eye) or the right (for the right eye) -- which is actually a deal easier if
you don't use look_at, because with that statement you'd have to compute your
effective left/right axis "manually".

> > Mike
>
> Also, is there a particular angle of view I should be aiming for?

That depends on the (apparent) angle at which the image will be visible using
that contraption.