POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : using 'transmit all' with PNG alpha-channel image_maps-- a flaw? : Re: using 'transmit all' with PNG alpha-channel image_maps-- a flaw? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: using 'transmit all' with PNG alpha-channel image_maps-- a flaw?
From: Kenneth
Date: 12 Jan 2016 09:55:02
Message: <web.5695129a9521477933c457550@news.povray.org>
> Am 11.01.2016 um 04:09 schrieb Kenneth:
>

> By the way, would you mind posting your TIFF test image? The tools I
> have at my disposal to quickly create a TIFF with alpha channel all give
> me the other alpha mode.

Glad to; here it is. (Sorry for the delay; I had to help a friend move to a new
house yesterday. What a chore!)

The file is 1.37 MB on my end; I hope it goes through.

I'm not absolutely sure that my older version of Photoshop (v5.0!) produces TIFF
images strictly according to spec-- I recall that earlier versions of PS were
notorious for PNG problems-- so you might want to check the image's code to make
sure that it's correct.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'alpha_channel_tester_5_tiff.tif.dat' (1410 KB)