POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "near sunset" : Re: "near sunset" Server Time
29 May 2024 05:42:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "near sunset"
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 9 Jan 2016 06:25:00
Message: <web.5690ed25511c90a3b221960d0@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski <jam### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Thanks. And this is another beautiful landscape. But the dark shadow
> areas are purple, instead of black. At this reduced early evening or
> late afternoon brightness, the shadows would be black, I think. But
> otherwise: woooww!!! :-)

I'm sorry, but beside the top right cloudless part of the sky, there aren't any
purple pixels (less green than blue / red). I searched several minutes with
photoshop.

Most probably it's an optical illusion, because intuitively I thought you were
right.
I admit, the shadows of this test render don't seem to be dark or structured
enough, but this is due to insufficient radiosity settings.

Norbert