POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : GUI for Povray : Re: GUI for Povray Server Time
1 Jul 2024 00:36:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GUI for Povray
From: LanuHum
Date: 8 Jan 2016 11:30:00
Message: <web.568fe3c8c25a84d87a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski <jam### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> It is an interesting topic.
>
> And leads me to express my hopes, that soon there will be export
> possibilities from POV-Ray to some major other formats.
>
> Some of my scenes in POV-Ray contain WHILE and FOR loops, and
> mathematical constructions. Those need to be exportable, too.
>
> I know of the "Bishop3D", a modeller that can indeed import POV-Ray
> scenes and work with them. In fact, I once was one of the Beta and Alpha
> testers for this awesome program. The developer is in Brazil, and need
> people to work together with him. I wonder, if his Bishop3D would be
> already a good platform, to add export functionality towards other major
> 3D formats.
>
> Fact is, in any case, export ability for POV-Ray scenes is LONG OVERDUE.
> I want to be able to 3D-print my POV-Ray scenes, and also to add
> features to them available only in other modellers.
>
> Here's my official wish for POV-Ray 4.0:
> EXPORT POSSIBILITIES
> (3DS, STL, maybe more)
> Hell of a work, but REQUIRED.
> Could be done as external program.

Here I understood one: nobody uses the Blender for creation of scenes of
POV-Ray.
But some would like to use possibility of the Blender to feign physics: cloth,
soft body, rigid body, collision...
I told me clipka about it.
Therefore priority task: mesh2.
The necessary is ready. I made it, made import export of mesh2.
But, I am not sure that it is necessary still.
For testing the .pov files from other programs are necessary, but all pass by.
:(