POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ribbon following spline : Re: Ribbon following spline Server Time
5 May 2024 12:26:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ribbon following spline
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 5 Jan 2016 03:45:04
Message: <web.568b32be6378af802fc085110@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
> This is usually done by constructing a Frenet frame from the first and the
> second derivatives of the vector function and their cross product. (All the
> vectors should be normalized.)
>
> The first derivative of the vector function is the tangent vector function, the
> second derivative of the vector function is the binormal vector function and
> their cross product is the normal vector function.

I see now that I must have been a too tired when I wrote the above. Sorry about
that.

The statements about the binormal and the normal vector functions are wrong. The
binormal vector function is the cross product of the first and the second
derivatives of the vector function. And the normal vector function is the cross
product of the tangent and binormal vector functions.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com