POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "near sunset" : Re: "near sunset" Server Time
14 May 2024 21:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "near sunset"
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 3 Jan 2016 16:00:00
Message: <web.56898bbe511c90a39db159b50@news.povray.org>
> Am 03.01.2016 um 18:18 schrieb Norbert Kern:

> > - subsurface lighting for the owl
>
> Are you sure you mean the owl, not the foreground snow?

oh yes - this is what I meant with the small normals. At certain lighting
situations it fakes a bit SSLT (in combination with area light).
Furthermore there were visible artifacts at the owl even with acceptable
settings (radiosity on samples 50, 200).

Personally I've made good experiences with a JVP approach
(http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=a-box-of-oranges). Probably I'll
use this method somewhere in the future as an excellent compromise between speed
and quality.

Norbert