POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gamma issues again : Re: Gamma issues again Server Time
15 May 2024 09:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma issues again
From: Kenneth
Date: 27 Dec 2015 22:20:00
Message: <web.5680a91561c3ffe833c457550@news.povray.org>
> On 12/26/2015 9:42 PM, clipka wrote:
>
> Where do I download version 3.7.1?

I think it's here...

https://github.com/c-lipka/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-alpha.8141620

This concept of chromaticity/brightness/gamma is completely new to me (as
regards POV-Ray rendering); ditto the new 'blend' tools in 3.7.1. Clipka will
(hopefully!) give us more info. A question I would have is this: Are the new
blend tools specifically for creating accurate/specialized 'color models' like
you're doing here (as well as for your Munsell color wheel render that you
posted earlier)-- or are the tools meant to be used for our everyday, normal
POV-Ray scenes as well?

Very interesting!