POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Moon rendering (prototype) : Re: Moon rendering (prototype) Server Time
28 Sep 2024 09:36:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moon rendering (prototype)
From: clipka
Date: 17 Dec 2015 09:45:00
Message: <web.5672c9d3361b309ad6fa18f0@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski <jam### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Thanks for the answer, Alan. I think, the more an element is located at
> the end of the elements table (all known elements), the more gravity it
> is producing.

That's not how a scientist would put it, but yes -- the periodic table of
elements is sorted by the number of protons per atom, which coincides with a
sorting by mass per atom, and there is a general trend that "heavier" elements
(those with a higher mass per atom) are also denser (i.e. have higher ratio of
mass per atom vs. volume occupied per atom).

This is just a trend though; for instance, copper, at position 29 in the table
has a density of 8.92 g/cm^3, whereas radium, at position 88 in the table, has a
density of just 5 g/cm^3.