POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : export to .obj file? : Re: export to .obj file? Server Time
29 May 2024 06:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: export to .obj file?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 16 Dec 2015 21:50:01
Message: <web.567222ceff12eed35e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
I do some work with 3D printers, and so naturally I've come across and used
OpenSCAD.   The way to "build" things is remarkably similar to POV-Ray's SDL.

I'm wondering if it might be "easy" {someone else could do the work ;) } to
translate SDL to the OpenSCAD format, and export as an STL file.   AFAIK, it
should be trivial to convert STL to OBJ.