POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : HELP! I cannot respond to anyone here! : Re: HELP! I cannot respond to anyone here! Server Time
26 Apr 2024 17:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP! I cannot respond to anyone here!
From: clipka
Date: 15 Dec 2015 09:25:01
Message: <web.5670226283b96b2cad6fa18f0@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski <jam### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> My thread got responses from Thomas de Groot and others, but while I can
> easily start a thread, i cannot answer to anyone. Each time i try to
> respond, I get the following error message:

> An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:
> 5.7.1 <XXX### [at] yahoocom>: Sender address rejected: illegal sender domain.
> Please check the message recipient "XXX### [at] degrootorg" and try again.
>
> (With the "XXX" I replaced the original e-mail addresses.)
> I use the Mozilla Thunderbird as e-mail client. What do I have to
> change? Help needed. i want to be able to communicate again with everyone.
>
> Sven

Interestingly enough, yesterday I had trouble posting one reply with T'bird,
too; didn't find the time to investigate the cause though.

Maybe Mozilla (or whoever is now in charge of the T'bird project) have swapped
reply buttons around again or some such, to once again make us accidently reply
via email rather than nntp.