POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Year card : Re: New Year card Server Time
28 Jun 2024 21:51:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Year card
From: BayashiPascal
Date: 2 Dec 2015 04:05:00
Message: <web.565eb383c68e717ca24ae7020@news.povray.org>
> Thank you and my best wishes to you too in return!
>
> I think this is a nice and appropriate scene for our times. One little
> comment: The scene being lighted from beyond the camera, I think it is
> not the Sun we should be seeing behind the Earth, but the Moon ;-)
>
> --
> Thomas

Thanks for your comment. :-)
In this picture, everything is used symbolically and doesn't intend to be
realistic. The sun at the horizon represents the first rising sun of the year,
it's called HatsuHi No De in Japan and a strong symbol of the New Year. The
whole scene must be seen rather as a little toy lighten by an artificial light.
BTW, I thought about placing a small moon on the up-left side of the Earth, for
symmetry, but gave up the idea later.