POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : fabric simulation : Re: fabric simulation Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fabric simulation
From: LanuHum
Date: 21 Nov 2015 09:15:00
Message: <web.56507919d1f9e5ad7a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Todd Carnes <tod### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> >
> > > It's a clunky mess because you're not used to it. That will be the same no
> > > matter what program you use (AutoCAD, Maya, 3D Studio Max, etc.).
> > >

> > That's such a lame excuse. It's a clunky mess because... It's a clunky mess.
> >
> > Blender's UI absolutely, positively sucks. Period.
>
> It's been worse.
>
> Also, from my experience most 3D UIs suck. And it doesn't help that they do so
> in entirely different ways.
>

> BTW, the fact that Blender -- like most other 3D modelling software -- can't
> import stuff from POV-Ray isn't any surprise either, given that POV-Ray uses (1)
> a vastly larger number of different geometric primitives (most 3D software can
> only handle triangle or polygon meshes) and (2) a non-trivial proprietary clunky
> mess of a full-fledged programming language for scene description (most 3D
> software only deals with plain lists of objects).

You want to have the adequate editor for Povray?
My experience shows that you aren't interested in it!
Blender? Yes, has problems, but Povray has no that it would be impossible to
present lists.
My notes allow to connect any material created by you, but to you isn't present
to this interest. What do you want? Blender can be built as the Python module.
Having desire it is possible to write own graphical representation, using import
bpy(import blender)
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/attachment/%3Cweb.56507a4164d920037a3e03fe0%40news.povray.org%3E/sansara.
jpg
Here it is possible to use all useful functions the blender.
Also:
kpovmodeller had long time of kde in linux.
https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/issues/15
What the Povray developers for support made?
I see falseness. Sorry, if I am mistaken.
You wait for professional programmers, but they aren't present. You could help
me, but you don't wish it. :)