POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : fabric simulation : Re: fabric simulation Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:53:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fabric simulation
From: clipka
Date: 18 Nov 2015 04:00:01
Message: <web.564c3cf2d1f9e5adad6fa18f0@news.povray.org>
Todd Carnes <tod### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 2015-01-07 21:56, jhu wrote:
> >> I find Blender to be a massive pain to use.  I can't import my models into it
>
> > It's a clunky mess because you're not used to it. That will be the same no
> > matter what program you use (AutoCAD, Maya, 3D Studio Max, etc.).
> >

> That's such a lame excuse. It's a clunky mess because... It's a clunky mess.
>
> Blender's UI absolutely, positively sucks. Period.

It's been worse.

Also, from my experience most 3D UIs suck. And it doesn't help that they do so
in entirely different ways.

BTW, the fact that Blender -- like most other 3D modelling software -- can't
import stuff from POV-Ray isn't any surprise either, given that POV-Ray uses (1)
a vastly larger number of different geometric primitives (most 3D software can
only handle triangle or polygon meshes) and (2) a non-trivial proprietary clunky
mess of a full-fledged programming language for scene description (most 3D
software only deals with plain lists of objects).