POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Nitpicking about isosurface threshold : Re: Nitpicking about isosurface threshold Server Time
19 May 2024 12:42:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nitpicking about isosurface threshold
From: MichaelJF
Date: 13 Nov 2015 12:25:06
Message: <web.56461ce6f41c38b936d0bf360@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <lef### [at] freefr> wrote:

> The conservation of povray.off-topic is different from other groups:
> things will disappear in off-topic.
>
> The problem with attachments anywhere is the storage (disk) of them.
> It was also a problem of bandwidth and money: when paying by the minute
> for a 28.8k baud modem connections, you might be pissed off, despite
> reading non-binary groups only for that purpose, by a serie of large
> (like 500kb) attachments which consume your line for 10 minutes each.

Yes I remember waiting minutes to look at an image only. It's long ago but there
are still big differences in bandwidth between the cities and rural regions even
in Germany - and as I learned some months ago here even in the US. I have no
idea what bandwidth is provided in less developed countries. So I will not break
this old rules and post my images to p.b.i.

Best regards,
Michael