POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Nitpicking about isosurface threshold : Re: Nitpicking about isosurface threshold Server Time
7 May 2024 16:09:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nitpicking about isosurface threshold
From: MichaelJF
Date: 11 Nov 2015 12:00:00
Message: <web.564373c8f41c38b9dc4162220@news.povray.org>
> On 10-11-2015 18:34, MichaelJF wrote:
> > ... Since I like to play around with things, I will render
> > all three versions (Tor's, yours and my dichotomous one) and compare the
> > results.
> >

> Don't forget to show us :-)
>
> --
> Thomas

I will post the three images ASAP. But they will be more technical and will
illustrate the resulting mandelbulb and a visualisation of the mandelbulb
function as a pigment function to understand the distance approximation better.
With the winner in render speed of my own small contest here, I will restart my
search for a nice place from May this year. I got stuck than since I found no
time to solve the riddles Tor Olav gave me with his code. But now I have a
better understanding, thanks Scott.

I imagine something like a cave where I can place some people exploring the
mandelbulb maybe sitting in a rowing boat, having a stalactite like texture to
the thing. And may be a falling drop. I hope I get this until mid of december.
My realisation of the mandelbulb is still a(n) (iso)surface;-)

Best regards,
Michael