POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Real mountain 3D-profile : Real mountain 3D-profile Server Time
25 Apr 2024 21:37:03 EDT (-0400)
  Real mountain 3D-profile
From: Martin Lacher
Date: 3 Nov 2015 06:10:00
Message: <web.563895b94d395aaa426ff40@news.povray.org>
Hi,

For a school project with my class, we drew a mesh over mount Pilate
(switzerland) and extracted all heights from the map. I already plotted a
3D-surface in Excel, but I thought, using povray I could somehow take a satelite
picture of the area a render a nice image of the mountain.
My problem is that I didn't use povray for a long time and thus don't know how
to do this in a quick way.
As far as I saw, I can't use height field. Should I use mesh or mesh2? How to
get my texture picture over the mesh?

Maybe somebody out there can solve my problem in no time... ;) Thanks in
advance!

Regards,

Martin