POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Animorphic Camera? : Animorphic Camera? Server Time
15 May 2024 21:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Animorphic Camera?
From: dickbalaska
Date: 29 Sep 2015 23:00:01
Message: <web.560b4f22633d2ac5d9e404ae0@news.povray.org>
Hi ho,

[ I have an 8 minute POV-Ray video/DVD that I made back in 99-03.
Since my house is now littered with 60" wide screen TVs, I reckon I need to
rebuild it, after a 10 year povray hiatus. ]

I can't figure out the camera. For 720x480 NTSC 4/3, the camera is "right
1.33*x" .
I figured for animorphic, I would say 1.78*x and everything would be squished,
easy peasey. Alas, no. It actually looks the same as the 4/3 version.
The docs perhaps suggest "angle" may be what I want to tweak, but I'm lost on
the math. I need to display 854 pixels worth of data in a 720 (or 704) wide
image.

Help?