POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : Objects library : Re: Objects library Server Time
7 May 2024 20:09:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Objects library
From: Michael Scharrer
Date: 1 Sep 2015 07:40:01
Message: <web.55e58dc2a29be5f35e0ccc940@news.povray.org>
"colinE" <ear### [at] rocketmailcom> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a library of objects I can use. I've dabbled in povray
> occasionally almost since it was released, but never too seriously.
> Specifically I'm looking for hairdresser scissors and later some other objects
> like tradesman tools (hammers, wrenches etc).
>
> I've looked through the library here but there's not too much in it.
>
> I know there are some pay sites that provide mesh objects, but I think it would
> be useful to the pov-ray community if there was an indexed library of free
> common objects.
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> And please, if anyone has hairdressers...

Are you talking about a centralized object library or simply an index of all
websites offering free pov sources / objects? The latter would be a lot easier
to build, as you'd not need to ask ever artist for permission. There is already
this: http://www.povray.org/resources/links/ but it's rather outdated.

Michael Scharrer
https://mscharrer.net