POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Seraglio (WIP) : Re: Seraglio (WIP) Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:58:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seraglio (WIP)
From: And
Date: 29 Aug 2015 12:30:01
Message: <web.55e1dd14f1eaec47368e00af0@news.povray.org>
Hello, Anthony D  Baye. I would draw some pictures to show the technique which I
said: using reflection to make highlight of the water. But before doing this, I
just saw that you use prisms to simulate the floor. I just know this, and Um...,
it contains a problem, maybe you have known it. When we 'difference' or
'intersection' a union of a large number of objects with any other object, it
will extremly slow down the rendering. It is just very slow. So a union contains
a large number of objects actually shouldn't do 'difference' or 'intersection'
anymore.

I show a example:
A 100x100 tilings. It took only 1 second to render.

#declare one_piece =
union{
    box{
    <0.005, 0.005, 0>, <0.395, 0.395, 0.01>
    }
    cylinder{
    <0.02, 0, 0>, <0.38, 0, 0>, 1
    scale <1,0.18,0.02>
    translate <0, 0.2, 0.01>
    }
    pigment{
    rgb<0.4,0.6,0.6>
    }
}

#declare the_tiling =
union{
    #for(i, 0, 99)
        #for(j, 0, 99)
            object{
            one_piece
            translate <i*0.4, j*0.4, 0>
            }
        #end
    #end
}

the_tiling

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'array_test1 1 1s.png' (177 KB)

Preview of image 'array_test1 1 1s.png'
array_test1 1 1s.png