POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Granite normal distortion trick. : Re: Granite normal distortion trick. Server Time
18 Jun 2024 08:40:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granite normal distortion trick.
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 21 Aug 2015 12:00:01
Message: <web.55d749abfe0d6abe19dc5ebb0@news.povray.org>
"Michael Scharrer" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Cool stuff. So many different ways to distort an image. How did you find all
> that?
> By the way: Your favorite, Growth, uses the very same distortion trick.

After rendering all of your images at low resolution I made a 16000*9000 render

In between  I examined your source.  Other than Paul Bourke (or Tsutomo Higo)
you published an efficient pov code for random growth (see
http://paulbourke.net/fractals/dla3d/ and
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~nj2t-hg/ilpov28e.htm for comparison). Your code

to now I collected much more than 1000 materials (some of them were published
here:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.539f5e021ecc065ca7f881130@news.povray.org%3E/
and
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.53b01c9f388faa557ffb57fd0@news.povray.org%3E/
 ).
If I had to guess, your sources will lead to 5 to 10 new materials for my
collection...  ;-)

Norbert Kern