POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LanuHum, I cannot convert bezier spline to cubic spline : Re: LanuHum, I cannot convert bezier spline to cubic spline Server Time
29 Apr 2024 15:07:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LanuHum, I cannot convert bezier spline to cubic spline
From: And
Date: 16 Aug 2015 13:35:00
Message: <web.55d0c81ea4f6ca688423d9aa0@news.povray.org>
"LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> "And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
> > Implementing in the Pov-Ray main program is still the best way on this topic.
> > I'm unable to write C++.
> > But if you can accept a rough version I still write a simple macro that just
> > place some spheres and cylinders to simulate the sphere sweep shape controlling
> > by the bezier points.
>
> Sorry, but I can't help anything. :(
> For me trigonometry - long ago the forgotten subject. :)
> But, I will be glad to any help!
> Thank you!

Okay. However it is a good chance for me to research the bezier curve.
That's ok.

And here is the picture with the control points.
And the macro:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.55d0c6ee48951ba98423d9aa0%40news.povray.org%3E/

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bezier_spline sweep 3.png' (153 KB)

Preview of image 'bezier_spline sweep 3.png'
bezier_spline sweep 3.png