POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LanuHum, I cannot convert bezier spline to cubic spline : Re: LanuHum, I cannot convert bezier spline to cubic spline Server Time
29 Apr 2024 15:54:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LanuHum, I cannot convert bezier spline to cubic spline
From: And
Date: 16 Aug 2015 11:15:01
Message: <web.55d0a8b3a4f6ca688423d9aa0@news.povray.org>
Following the last message.
This means each node of the spline is endowed with too much role. I'm the node,
but I control the direction, too.

I found that the the direction at p1 is the vector (p2-p0), and the direction at
p2 is the vector (p3-p1).(See the picture)

The complete article about the cubic spline here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubic_Hermite_spline

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '800px-finite_difference_spline_example.png' (37 KB)

Preview of image '800px-finite_difference_spline_example.png'
800px-finite_difference_spline_example.png