POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LanuHum, I cannot convert bezier spline to cubic spline : Re: LanuHum, I cannot convert bezier spline to cubic spline Server Time
29 Apr 2024 18:39:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LanuHum, I cannot convert bezier spline to cubic spline
From: LanuHum
Date: 15 Aug 2015 15:10:06
Message: <web.55cf8e7da4f6ca687a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
> LanuHum, I think I understand the cubic spline and the Bezier spline enough now.
> But I must say it cannot convert good enough.
>
> Both the bezier spline and the cubic spline consist of many segments, and all of
> these segments are the 3rd order polynomials, this is true. But the condition
> that connect them are very different. This cause the fact that a bezier spline
> can contain sharp nodes but a cubic spline is always very smooth on each node.
> So, I'm afraid that I cannot convert the spline by just adjusting the input
> control points. :(

To receive acute angles in cubic_spline it is necessary to duplicate control
point several times:

<1,0,0>
<1,0,1>
<2,1,3>
<2,1,3> //repit
<2,1,3> //repit
<2,1,3> //repit
<1,0,2>

I found the bad solution.
To model nurbs, to write down as cubic, to use meshmaker.inc for creation of
obj, to load obj into scene, to see result
Our dear friends-developers will laugh, but so far it is the only thing to do.
:)  :(