POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LanuHum, I cannot convert bezier spline to cubic spline : LanuHum, I cannot convert bezier spline to cubic spline Server Time
29 Apr 2024 14:31:42 EDT (-0400)
  LanuHum, I cannot convert bezier spline to cubic spline
From: And
Date: 15 Aug 2015 10:00:01
Message: <web.55cf44405a3a5488c6574dfe0@news.povray.org>
LanuHum, I think I understand the cubic spline and the Bezier spline enough now.
But I must say it cannot convert good enough.

Both the bezier spline and the cubic spline consist of many segments, and all of
these segments are the 3rd order polynomials, this is true. But the condition
that connect them are very different. This cause the fact that a bezier spline
can contain sharp nodes but a cubic spline is always very smooth on each node.
So, I'm afraid that I cannot convert the spline by just adjusting the input
control points. :(