POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity question : Radiosity question Server Time
18 Jun 2024 07:36:40 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity question
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 10 Aug 2015 03:25:01
Message: <web.55c850f9a69161dc2aaea5cb0@news.povray.org>
In an effort to speed the render of the scene I'm working on, I reduced the
radiosity settings to default, but wound up with large patches of pure white
with jagged edges.  I managed to fix some of it by increasing the number of
pretrace steps, but there are still large ambient areas in the render.

Can anybody tell me what causes this, and which settings I might adjust to fix
it? I can't find anything about this in the documents or tutorials.

Regards,
A.D.B.