POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SOR:nurbs or not? : Re: SOR:nurbs or not? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 00:56:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SOR:nurbs or not?
From: LanuHum
Date: 5 Aug 2015 13:55:01
Message: <web.55c24d2c795308e17a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Why there was a question?
If I have the correct visualization of a curve in the editor, I can create
Constructive Solid Geometry.
On the picture green prism (bezier_spline) and red curve (bezier_spline).
If sphere_sweep, also as the prism, supported bezier_spline, it is possible to
write:
difference{
    object{prism}
    object(sphere_sweep}}

I can't make it.
I can't reel up a spiral on SOR.
I can SOR and sphere_sweep to model as nurbs, but to write down as cubic.
But, if to displace control points of a curve on Z, the geometry will be broken,
but control is absent also correction not to make.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'csg.jpg' (36 KB)

Preview of image 'csg.jpg'