POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SOR:nurbs or not? : Re: SOR:nurbs or not? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 00:37:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SOR:nurbs or not?
From: LanuHum
Date: 4 Aug 2015 12:15:01
Message: <web.55c0e3cc795308e17a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
> Am 03.08.2015 um 19:33 schrieb LanuHum:
> > Hi!
> > I don't understand how sor is created?
> > The form doesn't correspond to a green curve. Not the curve, but control points
> > rotates.
> > Or it not NURBS?
> >
> > nurbs, cubic, bubic. quadric, madric.
> > What is that? Oh, My God!
> > Why very much? There is bezier - clear and operated.
> > :)
>
> SOR is the surface of revolution of a piecewise defined 3rd-order
> (cubic) polynomial function (defined by a set of points on the curve)
> rotated about the x axis (and the resulting shape subsequently rotated
> so that its axis of rotational symmetry is mapped onto the y axis of 3D
> space); no splines involved.
>
> To generate the surface of revolution of proper splines, there's the
> "lathe" keyword, which supports linear, quadratic and cubic splines (the
> latter with various different parameterizations based on the control
> points, including bezier splines).
>
> POV-Ray doesn't support NURBS (non-uniform rational B-splines).

Thanks!
There is no support of nurbs, there is no support of bezier (an exception of
lathe and prism). Refusal of nurbs and bezier is a concept?
Badly. It strongly limits possibilities of data transmission from the Blender to
Povray.
I can't give animation, I can't give the arrays built along curves
Interestingly, what 3D - editors have no nurbs and bezier, but have cubic and
quadratic? I such didn't see.
If I wrote the AutodeskMaya2Povray exporter, I would meet the same problems?
:(