POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Height field box : Height field box Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:48:44 EDT (-0400)
  Height field box
From: StavroMueller
Date: 28 Jul 2015 07:40:01
Message: <web.55b769dbc3914df6858f08a30@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to render some data using the height field technique, which is
working great.  However, I would really like to be able to remove the box sides
of the height field, so I just see the surface.  The issue is that the box sides
are colored with the color gradient, which is very messy looking.  Also, I want
to plot some of this surface with semitransparency based on height - which works
well, but then you can see the sides of the box through the semitransparent
part, which ruins the effect I was after.

Any ideas gratefully received.