POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Focal blur incorrect : Re: Focal blur incorrect Server Time
29 May 2024 01:42:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focal blur incorrect
From: Pekka Aho
Date: 10 Jul 2015 01:25:01
Message: <web.559f557427431099ed9f7b990@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> It's usualy best, and recomended, to use the same value for look_at and
> focal_point.

I admit it wouldn't be the first time for me having a rather obscure way of
seeing and understanding common things, but personally I've just always found it
important for the scene to fine-tune look_at and focal_point independently to
get the camera angle as desired and furthermore to have the blur in the correct
point. My own recommendation would thus be that it certainly depends on what you
are having in the scene and what you want to emphasize. :)

> To match the original, you only need to negate the value for right:
> right -x*image_width/image_height

Ah, of course, forgot about that one completely. I should sleep more. Or drink
more tea. %-)