POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Rupture and Wallace puzzle animations : Re: Rupture and Wallace puzzle animations Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:03:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rupture and Wallace puzzle animations
From: Eriban
Date: 17 Jun 2015 15:25:01
Message: <web.5581c92aa2c446172a35ae760@news.povray.org>
> Very good animations, and smart puzzles.

Thanks. I can't take credit for the puzzle designs as they are not my own, but I
do agree that they are well done.

> I am always /puzzled/ (no pun!)
> about how one can achieve to solve them without getting hopelessly lost
> on the way, and unable to reassemble them afterwards. I know I would.

To be honest, the more difficult puzzles are typically shipped assembled.
Getting them apart can be a real challenge, which for the really difficult ones
may span a few days in fact. While disassembling them, I tend to make notes
about which pieces go where and the sequence to disassemble them. Without that,
some of these puzzles are really impossible to put together without computer
support.

That's not the case for Rupture and Wallace by the way. These have only few
pieces and their shape gives enough clues as how they might fit that putting
them back together can be done with a combination of deduction and intuition and
relatively little trial and error.

Kind regards,
Erwio