POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Trouble implementing Axis_Rotate_Trans macro : Trouble implementing Axis_Rotate_Trans macro Server Time
14 May 2024 13:34:34 EDT (-0400)
  Trouble implementing Axis_Rotate_Trans macro
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 31 May 2015 18:20:01
Message: <web.556b88e892bf08245e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,
Sorry about dropping off the face of the Earth, and all, but there's all that
real life stuff that happens, and now I'm done whining.  About real life.  ;)

Now let me whine about my inability to get Axis_Rotate_Trans to work.  :D

Background info / goal:
I'm just trying to put a point on a twist drill, but there needs to be "relief"
trailing the cutting edge.  So I difference out a box, but then as I rotate that
box around the axis of the bit, it needs to "roll" back out of the way - and
that would be around an axis described by a vector "from" the origin "to" a
point rotated around the x-axis to the same degree as the cutting edge.

And that's where my brain, and my code craps out.

#declare Cutter2 = box {<-Drill_Size, 0, 0>, <Drill_Size, Radius*2, -1> rotate
-x*Point}
#declare Relief_Axis = vrotate (<0, Radius*2, 0>, <-Point, 0, 0>);

# declare Cone =
union {
#declare theta = 0;
#while (theta < 90)
    object {Cutter2 rotate -y*theta Axis_Rotate_Trans (Relief_Axis,
(12/90)*theta)}
    #declare theta = theta +1;
#end
}

That spits out the following error and pops up the "transforms.inc" file in a
new tab.

"C:\Documents and Settings\Drew\My
Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\include\transforms.inc" line 60: Parse Error: Expected
'object or
directive', transform found instead

Render failed

As always, any help clearing this up would be most appreciated!