POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : polygon to circle loft : Re: polygon to circle loft Server Time
21 May 2024 17:35:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: polygon to circle loft
From: LanuHum
Date: 10 May 2015 10:15:00
Message: <web.554f6702908ae4217a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
> "LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> > Whether it is possible to make the universal scheme of transition from a curve
> > to the n-gons?
>
> It is possible. But most of the curve can not be represented by a polynomial.
> Using isosurface will make rendering time very long.

isosurface is other question.
polynom doesn't use boundby.
It is feature which can be used in different situations.
It is interesting to me because such it is impossible to simulate in Blender.
I have a program creating the picture for HeightField which will allow to
reproduce similar, but it will be not that.
Time of a render in this case isn't important.
:)