POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Revisiting the MandelBulb : Re: Revisiting the MandelBulb Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Revisiting the MandelBulb
From: MichaelJF
Date: 8 Apr 2015 13:05:00
Message: <web.55255f562501f65b377d9d4f0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 08/04/2015 15:28, Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann wrote:
> > Hi(gh)!
> >
> > On 08.04.2015 09:23, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> >
> >> I have a collection of images made over the years by the POV community.
> >> Unfortunately, I did not save the dates, only the maker's names, so I
> >> cannot tell you /when/ mandelbulb explorations took place here. Maybe
> >> Yadgar knows. He is a more complete collector than I am :-)
> >
> > The earliest Mandelbulb posting in my collection dates from November 19,
> > 2009 - a scene rendered by Scott...
> >

> I remember some discussion around about the time I was playing with the
> code for a cubic Mandelbrot that Andrew posted. That was in 2005 and
> 2007/8. Going by the file dates.
>
> As an aside. I thought that off topic posts expired after a short while.
> But I can find posts as early as 2006 on the web interface.
>
> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

Thanks to you all. So far as I learned the mandelbulb was invented around 2009.
But I think it was the end of a longer ongoing investigation labeled with this
name first in 2009. ATM I'm fascinated by this strange structures yielded from
such a very simple formula. In a way it takes me back over twenty years into the
past when I rendered the mandelbrot set with my amiga long gone.

Best regards,
Michael